Saturday, October 8, 2011

J.R.'s Wedding Receptions

     My brother, J.R, and his new wife, Debbie, had 2 wedding receptions at the end of August.  The first reception was held in Mapleton, Utah, at the home of one of our parents' former neighbors (the Toblers). 


                                                                Reception #1
It was raining right before the reception was about to start, but it looked like it might clear up, so we were all debating if we should put the food outside or keep it inside.  Some of us were joking that my parents were up in Heaven controlling the weather with my dad trying to make it rain and my mom trying to stop the rain.  (My dad would have thought that it was funny to watch us all move the food outside and then have to run it all back in because the rain started again, but my mom would have wanted everything to be perfect for J.R. and Debbie.)  :)  Once the rain cleared up (just as the reception got started), there were 2 beautiful rainbows out in the backyard.  I think they were from my parents - they wanted to be a part of the party! 
This was their wedding cake that I made for them.
The happy couple!
Trying out the cake.
Food fight!
These are some of my dear friends from Flagstaff.  They are all now in Utah, so they came for the reception.  This is Cristianne, Terrilynn, Diana, and Danne Morris with me.
This sweet lady was my mom's best friend, Debbie Tucker.
Taylie and Tylor and the other kids had fun playing in the backyard during the reception.  My little monkeys!
Another monkey (T.J.)
Taylor's brother, Ryan, and his family came for the reception so the kids got to play with their cousins.
This is our sweet little nephew, Abe.

Reception #2
J.R. and Debbie's second reception was held in Nampa 2 days after the Utah reception.
I made another cake for this reception, but the same flavors and appearance (basically) as the other cake.
Debbie's friend, Kendra, did a beautiful job decorating for the reception.
This was the groom's cake that Nichole decorated.  I made a similar one for the other reception, but forgot to get a picture! :)
The kids loved the chocolate fountain.
J.R. and Debbie
Cole and Ray dancing - so cute!
Taylie and Janna dancing with the little boys.
Janna and my Aunt Gloria (We were so thrilled to have Aunt Gloria and Uncle Tom come!)
The boys and Uncle Tom spotted a tractor show across the street and had to go check it out.  :)
These girls had a fun time together.
J.R. is such a good dad to this silly little girl (Madi).
Cole, Ray, Madi, and Jaymon
Look at those little faces!  :)
Ashlynn wanted to join in too.
Cutting cake #2
J.R. had a hard time being nice feeding cake to Debbie.
Debbie also had a hard time being nice with the cake - I guess they make a good couple!  :)
J.R., Debbie, and myself
J.R. and Ryon
J.R. wanted to use his own knife to cut the groom's cake.  (Scarey!)
The newlyweds dancing.
This is the bouquet that I made for Debbie.  I think it turned out pretty.  :)

Both receptions turned out great, and we couldn't be happier for those two!

No comments: